On Sunday night I attempted to make River Cafe’s Chocolate nemesis and all I can say is that it was a massive fail.
This is what is was supposed to look like:
This is what is actually look liked:
There are a number of things that made it go wrong…I substituted dark chocolate for dairy milk, baked it it too deep a dish at first and transferred to a more shallow dish after it was cooking for an hour and still nowhere near set (this will have lost a lot of the air from the mix). Although I set the oven to 160 as per the recipe, it must have been too high as I got a crust on the top.
Anyhow, this is now a challenge for me, I will rise to the challenge and hopefully soon will be posting about how I won.