Looking for something quick to make for dinner? Here’s one of my go-to dishes. If you put the water on to boil and the pasta in at the same time you start you cooking the sauce it can be made in under 15 minutes.
Here’s what I do:
- fry an onion and a clove or 2 of chopped garlic for a couple of minutes
- add 4 rashers of chopped bacon – or a packet of pancetta cubes – and a chopped red chilli
- once the bacon is fried add a tin of chopped tomatoes, and around 10 halved cherry tomatoes
- season with pepper (taste for salt, as the bacon is already salty)
- a handful of fresh basil or mint leaves taste nice in this
- also, a handful of spinach or some roasted peppers are also nice and a bit of extra veg (I try to get in my 5 a day)