Is a Christmas biscuits post a few days too late? These are the biscuits I made as Christmas gifts this year (and some for the house). Save the recipe and dig it out next December. Here it is:
– 340g plain flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 3 tsp ground ginger
– 225 unsalted butter, softened
– 340g sugar
– grated zest and juice of 1 clementine
– 1 egg
– icing sugar to decorate
– Mix the flour and dry ingredients in a bowl – baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, clementine zest
– In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar, beating in the egg gradually and finally the clementine juice. Stir in the dry ingredients to make a dough.
– Wrap the dough in cling film and rest in the fridge for half an hour.
– Put the oven on 180 degrees (gas mark 5) and once the dough is ready roll out to a thickness of a pound coin.
– Cut out your biscuits, place on greaseproof paper on a tray and cook for about 10 minutes.
– Once the biscuits have fully cooled, ice them once the icing dries pack them as gifts, hang them on your tree, or just eat them.