Some days the weather is just miserable. Today was one of those days; it rained pretty much constantly and on days like this a bowl of soup is just what you need.
This soup is thick and tasty yet so easy to make. All you need is 3 ingredients:
– around 75g chorizo sausage
– 1 big sweet potato
– 1.5 pints chicken stock (or 1.5 pints boiling water and a chicken stock cube)
And here’s how to make it:
– peel and cut the sweet potato into large chunks
– put the potato in a bowl with a little water, season with salt & pepper, cover loosely with cling film and microwave for 10 minutes to cook
– in the meantime, remove the skin and cut up the chorizo into small cubes
– fry the chorizo on low heat so that all of the oils are released
– put the kettle on and prepare (unwrap) the stock cube. I actually like to mix it in a pint glass once the water boils to make sure it all dissolves (the pint glass also acts as my measuring jug)
– once the potato is cooked, add it to the pan with the chorizo in and pour in the stock. Let this boil for another 5 minutes for good measure
– take of the heat and blend (I used a hand blender) – check the soup’s consistency, and add more water if necessary
Your soup is ready – Enjoy!