Another easy soup, which I’m a little obsessed with this year is pumpkin soup.
The ingredients you need are:
– fresh pumpkin (1kg gives you around 4 servings) – peeled and chopped into large cubes
– an onion – roughly chopped
– a stock cube (chicken or vegetable)
– hot water
– salt & pepper
– chilli flakes (optional)
And here’s how to make it:
– In a heavy based pan gently fry the roughly chopped onion in a little oil.
– Once the onion is soft, add the pumpkin – season with salt and plenty of pepper.
– Add boiling water until it covers the ingredients and throw in a stock cube.
– Boil for 30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
– Add a pinch of chilli flakes and liquidise the soup – it is now ready to eat!
This soup is lovely with some Parmesan cheese grated on top.
For a little extra spice, add a pinch of ground nutmeg.